Instagram Pictures

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Camera Debacle and Newborn Photos

So for about two days I really wanted a nice camera. I asked around and did some research on dslr's. It felt like the mom thing to do.

And then we had our baby, and my mother-in-law was so sweet as To let us take her canon rebel with us to the hospital, and guess what. I think I took one photo the entire time. And in pretty sure I only took it because I felt bad that we'd borrowed it and not taken any photos.

So I changed my mind. I've always been horrible about taking pictures. The only reason I'm any good at it now is because it's on my phone and it's convenient!  My mother in law is great at capturing family moments and loves doing it.  My little sister has a nice Nikon and is an impressively self-taught amateur of photography (although graphics is her main thing; you can check her out here).  She has generously taken maternity and newborn/family pictures for us and she does an awesome job, and it's a lot of fun and low stress because she's my sister. 
So getting a nice camera may be a new parent rite of passage, but it's one I'm passing on at least for now.

Here are some pictures taken by my talented little sister:













No comments:

Post a Comment