Instagram Pictures

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Baby Stuff I Love: Headcolds

I know I just posted a product review, but as we approach 2 months of motherhood, and because we are coming off of our first baby sickness, I am feeling quite find of a few of our baby things. So this is a baby product review of sorts, for the things that got us through our first bout of congestion and head cold!

Poor sick baby!

So here are a few of the things that got us through the week in no particular order:

1. Medela pump n style double pump and bottles

Levi was so stuffed up and having such a hard time breathing out of his nose that nursing was kind of miserable. He would open his mouth for a breath and not only spill the contents in his mouth everywhere but leave me exposed mid-stream. What.a.mess!  So I got really cozy with my pump and he became good friends with our medela bottles. They are the only ones we've tried so far but they work well for us!

2. Crane drop cool mist humidifier
This is the first time we used our humidifier. I registered for it primarily because we burn wood for heat so I was afraid of what the dry air would do for Levi this winter. I have been told that the important thing to look for in a humidifier is cool mist, but the design of this brand is quite nice! The top opening can rotate to point different directions, it doesn't leak or spill, and as an added bonus it's not bad to look at!

3. Nose frida snot sucker
Okay, this thing is genius! After this week I am completely sold on this item! I spent so much time sucking snot out of Levi's little nose! It's $15, and so you could save the money and use the free one you get from the hospital, but I promise you won't be sorry you splurged on this one, especially after their first head cold! It is much easier to use- much easier to get a seal on their nostrils and since it doesn't really go up I their nose the way traditional nasal aspirators do, you're much less likely to injure them ( I know someone who have their baby a bloody nose trying to use the bulb style sucker). And it is nice to be able to see how much snot you're getting out of there and know it's working. Levi doesn't scream any less than with the bulb sucker but at least is screaming is not in vain!

4. Little remedies saline must


Ok, so this is the cheapest item on my list, but certainly not the least important. In fact, this item with the nose frida will run you just over $20 together, but they pack a huge punch!  I sent my husband to walmart to get saline and he came home with two different kinds. This and the standard saline squeeze bottle, and let me just say this mist is awesome! Any saline will do! Buy some now and keep it on hand! But the mist is great if you can find it! Saline has really helped the screaming during snot sucking situation because it loosens the mucus and makes if more runny and suckable and less plastered to the nasal cavity!

So there you have it! The 4 things that got us through our first head cold! Those things and lots of snuggles that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment