Instagram Pictures

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The After, Part 1

Ok, so here is a much anticipated after post of our house that I promised to post here.  Notice I said a post and not the post.  After pictures always seem to feel really overwhelming to me.  It is hard to capture our home in pictures, especially when trying to get the same angles as the before pictures, and especially since I am no gifted photographer.

So anyway, I decided to be content with the fact that my home would never be perfectly clean and put together; there will always be little projects that need finished and updates that I add to our home to do list, and since it takes me a long time to determine how I want to decorate and collect the pieces I want, our walls tend toward the side of bare.  That being said, I decided to post after pictures in phases, because that feels less overwhelming, and because I really want to wait to post pictures of certain rooms, like the baby's room, after we actually have it done (since we have a quickly approaching deadline on that one).  Just a quick tidbit about the upstairs, it was originally green carpet and flimsy ceiling tile/paneling with one room and one not-so-useful half room.  It is now our master bedroom with walk-in closet and bathroom.  For a refresher of what it looked like before, go here.  Another side note, the bathroom is still a work in progress, but within the past few months we have removed the awful sliding glass door (lesson learned, it is not always worth it to settle for free things when it comes to remodeling, even if they are FREE), and purchased a shower curtain that partially hides the horribly outdated biscuit color (again, lesson learned), and within the past few weeks I have painted the walls grey (which I think does wonders in making the coloring more desirable against the biscuit shower) and the vanity and medicine cabinet white (which really modernizes the standard construction-grade vanity we purchased for cheap).  I still need to get some art-work/shelving on the wall, talk my husband into finally finishing the trim and adding drawer pulls and door handles.  The bedroom could use a new, more modern headboard, trim holes filled, trim finished on the stairs (again, gotta talk the hubby into it), a solution to our drafty attic access door, and some artwork on the walls; I have plans for a mini gallery wall.  So anyway, here are some "after" pictures from the upstairs:

No comments:

Post a Comment