Instagram Pictures

Monday, April 7, 2014

A Glimpse into Our House (Before)

As I mentioned in a previous post, about four years ago amidst house hunting for the home we would move into after our wedding in August 2010, we came upon a lovely (and by lovely I mean awful, outdated, unlivable, piece of work) house and we thought, "Hey let's make this our home."  Or more accurately, I thought "I cannot live here.  No way could I ever live here!"  and Ryan thought, "This place has potential.  Let's make this place our home."

Somehow, his excitement backed up by cad drawings of a new floor plan, his creativeness and his passion behind making a house our own, convinced me, and we were both in for an adventure.  He purchased the house in late March 2010, and that same weekend, we began destroying it from the inside out.  Down with the walls, down with the ceiling tiles, goodbye ugly carpet on top of ugly tile, good bye ugly paneling, good bye EVERYTHING! We left the studs and the foundation (but even that needed some work in places), and everything else got a makeover.  I could go on and on about our adventures remodeling a house (Ryan and I actually often reflect on the days of remodeling and spending countless hours at what is now our home), but I will spare you and just give you some lovely before pictures for now:

The upstairs before
Upstairs Before

Living Room

Living Room
Living Room
Living Room and Kitchen
Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen
Lots of Junk to Get Rid of

Outside Before (March 2010) and After (May 2012)

Floor Plan Before (designed by Ryan)
Floor Plan After (Designed by Ryan)

After pictures to come!

















2 comments:

  1. This post leaves me in anticipation for the after pictures!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Heather-my first!! I will have to use this as motivation to gather after pictures and post!:)

    ReplyDelete