Instagram Pictures

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Weekend Getaway to Celebrate 27 Years and 26 Weeks


This weekend we got away. Just a short 2(ish) hour drive away are beautiful woods and cozy cabins, so upon my request to have a weekend getaway just the two of us before there are three of us, we packed up the car, and the movie night supplies and headed for the hills.

One bonus was that one of the few weekends we had free (this weekend) before June, just so happened to be Ryan's 27th birthday, and while he doesn't care about receiving (which is one if the things I love and respect about him, and also one of the reasons I love to spoil him that much more), I really love to spoil him. But he is so hard to surprise. He already knew what I was getting him for his birthday so I let him open it early (because I am terrible at waiting), so I bought him a movie he has been wanting to see-Gravity (and checking redbox for weekly-fortunately for me it's not on red box yet), and made him his favorite cookies for the first time since we've been married (because I'm a terrible wife and don't particularly care for no-bakes so I make him other cookies that we both like), and spent the weekend eating his favorite foods (biscuits and gravy and pizza) together. It was wonderful to have a weekend without a to do list or any plans just the two of us!

And what do you know, I'm 26 weeks pregnant. 26 weeks on his 27th birthday! It has gone so fast, I can hardly believe it! Hopefully I post more about my pregnancy and the journey of getting pregnant later but for now, here is a 26 week picture of me and the baby boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment